Mini Photo Sessions -v- Full Photo Sessions for outdoor sessions
As Spring is fast approaching, and with restrictions being eased on the 29th March for outdoor photography sessions, I thought it would be a good time to set out the differences between mini photo sessions and full photo sessions as these are something which I now offer on a regular basis.
The main differences between the two sessions are that one has a shorter time frame than the other and there is less choice of photos. I’ve shared some further information on the differences below for families to consider when booking a photo session with me.
* A mini photo session time is much shorter than a full session. My mini sessions are approximately 30 minutes whereas I can take anything from 1-2 hours on a full session depending on location (and extra time if needed).
* The number of images edited and presented to you from a mini session will be less than a full session. From a mini session, you receive a choice of between 10-15 images and a full session can often be in excess of 25-30 images. The number of images I edit and present to you from a full session can vary depending on the number of people being photographed and location but I don’t cap it.
* Mini sessions take place at a set location which is currently Woodthorpe Grange Park NG5 4HA. On a full session you are able to choose your location anywhere in the East Midlands.
* The full payment of the mini session is required on booking which is inclusive of the session time and ‘x’ number of images. (Note: I currently take a £50 booking fee and the balance is payable on the day of the session.) When you book a full session, you pay for the session fee and, once you have viewed your photos, you choose and pay for the collection/product you would like.
* Due to the timeframe involved, mini sessions are limited to 2 young children and a maximum of 4 persons (2 of which being adults or older children). Full sessions are for all of the family and can include pets.
When to choose a mini session
Mini Photo Sessions are ideal for families who:
- just need a few photos to update photos of their children or for gifts.
- have older children who can easily take direction.
- only have a short amount of time and aren’t fussed about different locations and backdrops.
- are working within a budget or buying a gift voucher for someone. Upgrades or additional images can then purchased afterwards.
When to choose a full session
Full photo sessions are for families who:
- want to choose a different location to Woodthorpe Park. Some families will choose a location which is special to them or closer to where they live.
- don’t want to be rushed.
- are worried their children may be shy or take time to come around to someone new.
- want a good variety of photos and backdrops to choose from.
- have more than 2 young children or for families with more than 4 persons being photographed.
What is a mini session day
Finally, mini session days take place on a set day/weekend which I choose and may be themed around bluebell season, blossom trees in bloom or autumn. These are often at a reduced price because of the number of people being photographed in one day. I now only tend to offer these very last minute if I know the weather is going to be nice for example or I’ve had a last minute cancellation at the weekend. Otherwise, it can be tricky rearranging a date which works for all 5 families.